Friday, June 03, 2005

UK Planning is Making Me "Barmy"

After much "hard" work with html and templates, returning a couple of times to this template which I kept giving up on, I have succeeded in acheiving the UK Blog "look" I want while not sacrificing any cool features (such as the archives/recent posts listings -- which does not come stocked in every template). Exciting. Anyway...

Plans for the trip are going swimmingly. Sort of. My loan stuff from school is pretty much all taken care of. I just need to wait for the money to be transferred to school and for school to send me a refund check. I can't believe I'm spending $1000+ on a ride to a different country. I have decided to go with British Airways. They were recommended by a friend and, more importantly, have little personal movie screens behind each seat. They'd better work.

oh, and I have $1000 limit per day on my checking credit card, and $1000 limit on my real credit card, so I am having to find some other way to pay for my currently 1018.30 ticket. Nice. If nothing else I will have to wait until Monday, transfer money to Jeffrey's and my joint account and Republic Bank, and get my ticket from there -- because the checking card per day limit is $1500. Either that or find a travel agent or drive up to Detroit. I wouldn't mind driving to Detroit to "check out" where I'll be "checking in."

I waited too long to get my passport and so now I need to get it expidited. Since doing this takes only three days, I have been continuing to wait to get it done. Mostly for lack of opportunity to have a nice passport photo taken. I think tomorrow or, at latest, Monday, I will turn in the app and "take the oath" saying I have no ill will towards this country.

No comments: