Monday, June 06, 2005

Blimey, it's official!

Well, I guess I'm really going, since I just spent about 1,000 non-refundable dollars on an airline ticket with British Airways. Yikes!

I am at this moment sitting at "The Wings Station" on Lewis and Sterns, enjoying a greek salad and the nearness of my love, who works just a few doors down. Sappy, I know. Look out, the greek is coming back up... ha. Just kidding, of course. Anyway... you may say to yourself "ooh, the Wings Station is classy and technologically advanced, eh? Providing Wireless?" No. I have my cell. But it is very... well, anyway.It's Marcos Pizza "appreciation week" so they're selling their large pizzas for 5.50 (you call that appreciation? I call it trying to slide in and get a slice of the Little Ceasars action...get it, slice?). So... I picked one up for dinner. And I eat the salad in an effort to keep myself from simply chowing down on the entire order of cheezy bread, which I love and haven't had in ages and ages. That must be saved. I think my next trip in this progressive meal will be that new cafe that appears to have wireless right down Lewis here... Looks exciting.

So back to UK business. I purchased my ticket. I also took in my passport application and paid for it. Woohoo. Within two weeks. I wasn't going to pay ANOTHER $30 to get it in one week... sheesh....

No comments: